Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Scott and Rosie!

Somehow in hustle and bustle of the holidays, I got backed up in my baking.  Scott and Rosie at the theater both had birthdays within the last month so I made one giant cake for both of them! It was just a basic 3 layer white cake but the frosting was the real treat.  Butterfinger Icing!
2 sticks of butter
6 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
4 teaspoons vanilla
1 package of fun size butterfinger bars (set 6 aside for the topping)
Cream the butter in a mixer then gradually add in the powdered sugar. Once fully combined add milk and vanilla.  Crush all but 6 butterfinger bars and gently fold into frosting. Frost as normal.  I let the cake set up then melted down a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and drizzled it over the top of the cake then crushed up the other 6 butterfingers and sprinkled them on top.  It was really pretty and tasted great!



So I still haven't posted the recipies from the chocolate pie and pumpkin bars.  I'll get to it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment