Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Jill

Chris' mom, Jill, had a birthday a few weeks ago and requested my white cake with lemon curd filling and white chocolate, cream cheese, lemon frosting.  One of my favorites too! Things were a little hectic that week after making Morgan's first birthday cake that we decided to wait until Chris' sister and brother-in-law and their three kids were in town this past weekend.  Chris' brother-in-law, Don, was just ordained as a Pastor yesterday at St. John's.  It was AWESOME!
In regards to the cake---I've learned in the past few weeks that frosting HATES 100+ degree weather.  This frosting just wanted to puddle down at the base of the cake.  Refrigerating didn't help.  It was determined to give me trouble.  So the frosting at the top layer of the cake it a bit ugly.  I added some white chocolate shavings with a bit of yellow coloring to try and distract from the lack of pretty frosting. While it may have been visually appealing-- blowing out the candles over itty bitty pieces of shaved chocolate makes a really really big mess.  Ooops!!! Didn't think about that. These pics also feature my new lovely cake plate that my Aunt Deba got me!
So... Happy Birthday, Jill! Congrats, Pastor Don! Thanks, Deba!  Did I get everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment