Sunday, November 22, 2009

Olde Port Inn

I'm always in search of the meal so spectacular that I want to lick my plate. Well last night was one of those meals. Chris and I are over at the central coast with our friends Mike and Jen. Since I seem to pratically be a native of the area chosing restaurants and deciding what to do always tends to fall into my life. I was over joyed when Chris made the suggestion to drive out on the pier and go to the Olde Port Inn. (his training is nearly complete I've realized) Mike and Jen didn't even know the pier existed and so it was a great treat to try a new and unique place. Enough exposition, our meal was FANTASTIC. None of us were overly starving so we chose to split an entre then splurge at dessert. Chris and I chose the scallop and prawn combination. We started our with a nice Caesar salad (quick note: dear fancy expensive restaurant, don't give me a salad on a hot plate EVER again. This is my only complaint about my dining experience with you. Now get your act together next time). Next we enjoyed lovely sourdough rolls. Then came the main corse which they had kindly split onto 2 plates (at no charge). Thank goodness we split because it was sooo much food. 3 beautifully cooked scallops and 2 well spiced prawns on each plate with drawn butter, scalloped potatoes with bacon and a delcious Rosemary cream sauce (I can officially say they were the best potatoes I've ever had, and perfectly cooked veggies including purple cauliflower, what I think was a parsnip (is that like a yellow carrot?) and squash. I inhalled my meal it was so good, never stopping to breath. After our main course none of us were stuffed, just right for dessert. So what do we do? Everyone ordered a different dessert and we put them in the middle of the table and made the ultimate dessert buffet.


From left to right. Butterfinger pie, chocolate mouse, peach cobbler a la mode, and toffee cheescake. If anyone has a recipie out there for a great toffee cheesecake send it my way because I think this is one of the best restaurant desserts I've ever had. Overall it was a wonderful evening. If you've never been to the Olde Port Inn before do yourself a favor and go. Make sure to ask for the right table because if you're lucky you can get one where you can see through to under the pier and watch seals play around while you eat. Great friends, great food, great night.

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMMM..... Peach Cobbler sounds so good. I will have to try the toffee cheesecake next time I'm there! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great time. That is one of my favorite places to go.
    Love Ya Mimi

    ReplyDelete