Friday, January 8, 2010

German Chocolate Cake


Dear faithful blog followers, I apologize for taking such a long time to get back to my blog.  School, Work, Holidays....what can I say? I'm lazy! Anyways.... my aunt Deba asked me to make dessert for Christmas eve and her all time favorite is German Chocolate Cake.  If any of you have had my grandma's German Chocolate you know its the best recipe you'll ever taste.  Now I'm about to reveal a deep family secret and my grandma as a fraud.  The recipe is from the inside of the Baker's German Chocolate Box!!! The cake, the frosting, the whole shebang.  I was devastated when I made this discovery.  Here I was thinking the recipe had been passed down from generation to generation from my great great great great aunt Bessie (which I'm sure she exists) and its a corporate recipe that is so familiar it ends up on the side of a box.  No more exciting that the biscuit recipe on the side of Bisquick! My dreams were dashed, but I pushed on.  Maybe old Bessie's recipe was so fantastic that Baker's stole it from her.  I'd like royalties please.  
I've digressed.  Back to the cake; it was delicious.  Go buy some Baker's German Chocolate, copy the recipe and go to town.  You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment