Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! Chris and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together by spending our day at the church and the theater, how romantic? Don't be fooled, it was a very nice day.  Since Chris and I are going to Disneyland this week for 2 days we pinky swore we wouldn't get each other any thing for Valentine's Day, just cards.  Well the dweeb broke his pinky swear! I show up with a card and the jerk got me a gift!!! Make me look dumb! Chris got me the Lolita ice cream dish that matches my princess wine glass.  He got me the matching ornament for Christmas.  Too stinkin' cute! Although he still broke the rules, there was a pinky swear involved!!

Well to even things out I took him to PF Changs after rehearsal last night for appetizers and desert.  If you've never been to a PF Changs, don't wait any longer.  We ALWAYS have a great meal! All their appetizers are fantastic, their drinks are great, and the desserts..... oh my goodness the desserts.  Our favorite is the "Great Wall of Chocolate" it's like a 6 layer dark chocolate cake with this amazing raspberry sauce.  Words and pictures can't do it justice, you just have to taste it.

Speaking of food, Wednesday night Chris and I will have one of our long time food dreams fulfilled.  I'm taking Chris to the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland.  This place has an amazing foodie following and outstanding reputation.  I'll tell you all about it once we get back so I can give you a first hand account rather than just retell information I've read.  We're staying Wednesday night at a cute little spanish villa hotel we found online.  Hopefully it's as cute as the pictures.  I'm renewing my season pass and Chris is getting one too! Should be a great investment. Can't wait to report back on our awesome trip to come.  Oh and if you get a chance to tell him, Chris 29th birthday is this coming Saturday (the 20th)!

No comments:

Post a Comment