Friday, April 15, 2011

Wine Tasting and Auction

To anyone who still may be out there who even checks to see if I've posted on my blog...Thank you! I'm still alive! I'm sorry I've neglected you.  It's not you, it's me.  Some of you may know, I'm Coldwell Banker Preferred's Relay for Life Captain this year.  For the past three years we've been in the top 10 fundraising teams in all of Bakersfield, and since Bakersfield is the number one Relay for the world... that ranks us pretty high up there internationally as well. HUGE responsibility.  Well Relay isn't here yet, but the hard part is over.  The Third Annual Wine Tasting and Auction.  This event and I have a love/hate relationship.  I was not a fan of the 100+ hours I put into planning and organizing this event (and that's with an incredible planning committee that did SO much work.) I am a huge fan, however, of the $36,000 the event raised for cancer research. I also have overwhelming love for all the planning committee, auction item donors, Motor City Lexus owners and staff, local food vendors, California wineries, and most importantly the hard working people who came out and spent a ton of money for a great cause.  Bakersfield's Relay for Life is Saturday April 30th.  Check out the slide show a local photographer put together of The Third Annual Wine Tasting and Auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment