Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Paige!

My friend Paige's birthday is just 6 days before mine.  We decided that instead of doing two birthday parties with our girlfriends from the church we should combine and share our birthday celebration.  What a great idea! We had our guests bring wine or cheese instead of gifts and we had since a sophisticated grown up birthday...oh except we wore silly party hats. Here's a look at our cake I made which was one of the more frustrating cakes I've made to date!!! The frosting was too hot, I ran out of frosting on top so I had to make fondant flowers (which I'd never done before) to cover the gap, and then to top it all off once it was finished and I was taking photos I hit the cake with the poster board and had to re-do the ruffles. I'm so amazed it actually turned out.  It was moments away from meeting the trash can several times.

Oh and remember those party hats I mentioned? Here's Paige and I with her chihuahua, Pepe, all wearing our party hats!
I can't wait for next year's party!

No comments:

Post a Comment