Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hawaii--Day 8

Well, it was our last full day in Hawaii today.  Tomorrow we pack up and have to be to the airport by noon, not much of a day.  For our last day we started out by visiting Parker Ranch, one of the largest cattle ranches in the US that happens to be here on the Big Island.  We then had lunch at a neat spot on Kona we found the second day, Bongo Bens, then did a little shopping.  Later in the afternoon we went down to the beach close to our condo where tragedy struck! As Taylor, Mom, Sandra and I were wading in the ocean, Taylor let's out a calm ouch, I stepped on an urchin! Not expecting anything serious we all lovingly ignored her. She then asked, "Does anyone care? I have an urchin in my foot!!!" We continued to look at her, we're such a loving family.  Once we realized she was serious--Mom and I started booking it to the shore! Sandra thought about bailing for a second then decided to be a decent human being and help Taylor.  They got the urchin spikes out a Taylor's foot and we...well Sandra...got her back to shore-- Mom and I had been back on shore for a while....  Anyways, we're not very good family members and we're very sorry, Taylor.  Ooo and I found a coconut somewhere in there on the beach.  Gary went all Survivor on the coconut and busted in open with a very very bad kitchen knife. We also saw even more cats.  I'm seriously considering marketing a "cats of Hawaii" calendar.  I have enough pics for at least 3 years! Tomorrow we make the dreaded trip back home.  I can confidently say, none of us are ready to leave.  It's perfect weather and so beautiful here.  Thank you to all of you who followed along at home.  If something exciting happens on the way home tomorrow there may be one more blog, but in any case, our trip is coming to a close.  Pray for safe travels tomorrow! We'll be home late! Aloha!


Here's Day 8's exciting video!

No comments:

Post a Comment