Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hawaii--Day1

Well, we made it to Hawaii! Quite an easy travel day really. We left LA at 9am and arrived in Kona just before 1pm. The plane had tons of empty seats so they let us spread out! We were able to each have a seat between us so we could spread out, so wonderful!
After spending ages waiting to get our rental car we finally headed out to eat--we were starving with the time change! After checking in to our condo we went and got a few groceries, had a light snack (and maybe a Mai Tai) and got settled into our home for the next 7 nights. We then headed off to dinner at this beautiful resort. We were a little early so we maybe had another Mai Tai on the beach.


Dinner was this BEAUTIFUL buffet with traditional Thanksgiving foods and traditional Hawaiian foods. Everything was so pretty!
It wouldn't be my blog if I didn't show you pictures of what I ate so here you go!!! This one below is my first round to the buffet- Smoked salmon with cream cheese and capers, bay shrimp salad, crab claws, shrimp, and ahi with wasabi.
Second trip-- Prime Rib with horseradish, Turkey with gravy, Lamb (which was really gamey, ick), Andouille Stuffing, Carbonara Shells, Bread with pretty flower shaped butter, mashed potatoes, Kahlua Pork and Hawaiian Fried Rice
Third trip- Macadamia nut cookie, chocolate espresso cake, lemon meringue tart, citrus bar, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, macadamia nuts, and chocolate chips
I put way more on my plate that I could ever eat in a million years, or at least a few hours, but hey it's a buffet and we paid plenty for the food I wasted!
Tomorrow's plan: Costco!!! First thing! We have to get our black Friday cook books. We have an addiction problem and we know it. It's who we are! Then there's talk of going on a tour of the Thunder Mountain Coffee Plantation.
Hopefully I'll stick with my plan and blog every day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment