Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes


First of all don't take this picture seriously. I forgot to take a real picture of these cupcakes before they were devoured. This is one I snapped on my phone of the cupcakes setting up in the fridge and sent to Chris to make him hungry. Now it seems like I'm always saying this, but these are so easy! Talk about basic, I took a yellow cake mix and dumped about 3 tablespoons of cinnamon into the batter. I put them into these giant cupcake liners my grandma got me for my birthday (seriously they were huge) and baked them just as the box tells you to. I then took my favorite vanilla frosting (you can find the recipe in my post for the baby shower cupcakes) and again just threw in a few tablespoons of cinnamon. You can't mess this up! Once the giant cupcakes were cool I frosted them in a cute swirly pattern then sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top to make them a little fancier. They were soooo good! Just a little twist on a basic cupcake. You have to try this! One side note about the frosting, since there is so much butter keep them in the fridge and pull them out about 10 minutes before serving, the frosting gets hard as a rock but comes to room temp. really quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment