Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Great Kern County Fair

That's right y'all. The Great Kern County Fair is in town! Yesterday Chris, my mom and I headed out to the fair and indulged in good times, good food, and good music. We started out by watching our friend Scott play his own music and a small venue. Great job Scotty! Then the eating began. I had a tamale, Chris had a chili verde burrito. Mom and Chris had icky nasty beers and I had a Mike's lemonade, yum! We stopped by the melodrama booth then went searching for the animals. Apparently animals don't have to show up to opening day of the fair. We saw like 10 cows, and 6 pigs, and a few goats and sheep. Such a rip off! Next up was the first round of dessert: funnel cake and a cinnamon roll with cream cheese. Delicious. Up next was the Phil Vassar concert. For those of you who know me, I've seen Phil Vassar 6 times now and he is simply amazing!
We ended the night with Gelato. Chris and I both had Champagne Lemon, soooooooo good! The scoops were gigantic. Mom had pomegranate gelato in a tasty waffle cone! Oh how we love the fair!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment